High School Unit (grades 9-12): Choreograph a Commercial
- BIG IDEA: Unit builds on taught knowledge of Hip Hop dance and Tutting, and has students use technology to devise a dance promoting a product
- Key Words: Hip Hop, commercial, tutting, technology, collaboration
High School Lesson (grades 9-12): Introduction to curves
- BIG IDEA: Increasing pelvic awareness during torso movements.
- Key Words: curve, stability, plie, Cunningham, Limon, Muller, balance
High School Unit (grades 9-12): Plagiarism in Dance Through the Work of De Keersmaeker & Beyoncé
- BIG IDEA: Having a deep understanding of plagiarism in dance through the work of Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and Beyonce.
- Key Words: Plagiarism, flattery, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, Beyonce, choreography, chairs
High School Lesson (Grades 9-12): Action Words in Dance & ELA
- BIG IDEA: Building a connection between ELA literacy and the arts, fostering a joy for reading and writing.
- Key Words: Action words, ELA, literacy, movement phrasing, Annabelle Lopez Ochoa
6th Grade Lesson: Introduction to Hip-Hop
- BIG IDEA: Building a cultural connection of the individual students lives into what they will be learning in this class
- Key Words: Hip-Hop, South Bronx, Kool DJ Herc, pop culture, history
High School Lesson (Grades 9-12): Learning About the History of Michael Jackson's Thriller
- BIG IDEA:
- Understanding the cultural and historical impact of the “Thriller” choreography to modern-day culture
- Key Words: racial barriers, Michael Jackson, pop culture, history, MTV, music industry