“One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.”  -Carl Sagan

“Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.”   -Vera Nazarian

My name is Melissa Flood, welcome to my ePortfolio!  Here you will find all that I have learned through my graduate program in literacy and my hands on experience in the classroom!  

I believe that students must feel safe and welcomed before they can learn.  

Empowering and building up students confidence is just as important as teaching curriculum. The classroom is an exciting place and I try to bring my love of learning into the classroom as much as possible.

This is the introduction to your portfolio. It is like the front door to a house. Here you will welcome your viewers, and tell them what they will find inside.

You should include on this page:

• A few sentences to welcome us to your portfolio
  • One or more images and/or a short video clip of you addressing the viewer
  • a favorite quotation

As you develop this page, continue to treat it like the front door to your house. Try to highlight what makes your ePortoflio particularly interesting and find ways to make your viewer feel compelled to stay and explore further.