***********************************************************************

I am a passionate educator who honors dance and the value it brings to human life. I believe that every dancer should be educated and exposed to infinite movement styles and dance forms. Knowledge indefinitely opens more avenues in one's artistic thinking and way of life. 

An objective of mine is to build purpose and relevance for dance in the education system. I wish for my students to dance to the rhythm of their souls, express themselves wholeheartedly and evolve into the best version of themselves in my class. As a NYC dance educator I feel that technique and skill building should be experienced in conjunction with a creative dance experience. Too many dancers live and breathe the counts "5,6,7,8" and follow the prescribed movement of their instructors. Rather than purely replicating movement, I wish for my dancers to expand their personal repertoire by finding their artistic voice. Designing experiences for my students to cultivate their personal artistry is a key part of my teaching philosophy. Free thinking and existentialism is encouraged. Technique and skill building is also very important because it will allow for my students' bodies to bring their art to life. Feeling a sense of ownership in their work will lead my dancers to develop intrinsic motivation.