As a dance educator, I work to engage every student with the vigor of dance’s physical, intellectual, and artistic gifts. I believe that this begins with a strong grasp of basic dance techniques as well as safe outlets for individual expression. As a teacher, it is paramount that my students feel cared for and respected. I strive to create opportunities to communicate their unique experiences via the language of dance by providing dance literacy as well as cross disciplinary connections.

I believe that the best way to learn dance is by the act of dancing. My technique classes prepare my students to embody the physicality of a dancer while becoming literate in dance terminology, dance history, and choreography.

I believe that dance education builds the focus and discipline that students need to succeed in school and beyond. The student of dance learns to interpret patterns, sequencing, and relationships. Students also develop self assessment skills and the determination to succeed. My class teaches students of all levels and abilities how to appreciate their bodies through physical fitness, healthy habits, and the language of dance.

I believe the desire to move is one of the most basic characteristics of being human. Dance brings us together to support this commonality while allowing us to express ourselves individually.  

I strive to instill in my students a lifelong love of dancing and the arts, the curiosity to learn, and the discipline to succeed academically and professionally.